After winter celebrations it is the perfect time to cleanse the body of toxins.
Wheat grass or the young wheat is one of the best cleansing methods and a powerful tool for detoxification.
Wheat grass acts like a purely solar energy, and according to the research, only 7.5 grams have the same nutritional value as 175 grams of carrots, lettuce or celery.
Since the days of the Pharaohs, people have known about its cleansing ability.
Nowadays, when faced with the daily stress, environmental pollutants, harmful radiation and unhealthy food, its detoxifying effect is more important than ever.
When you feel tired, heavy and inattentive, cleansing your body with wheat grass can help and give you new energy and improve health.
Signs that you need detoxification:
- skin problems
- bad breath and body odor
- bloating and gas
- excessive weight gain or weight loss
- fatigue, poor concentration, poor memory
- premature aging
The benefits of wheatgrass
Over 100 elements needed by humans are part of wheat grass, including essential fatty acids, important enzymes, and antioxidants.
Chlorophyll is one of the most important elements, which accounts for about 70% of the composition of wheat grass.
It is a natural chelate and crucial compound for ejecting toxins and heavy metals from the body.
Chlorophyll also contains vitamins A, B, B17, C, E, F and K, and minerals potassium, iron, magnesium, and calcium.
The number of red blood cells is increased by wheat grass, it purifies the blood and other organs and triggers the metabolism.
Thanks to the high proportion of chlorophyll it enhances the blood with oxygen.
It perfectly cleanses the liver and neutralizes toxins. It stimulates the thyroid gland and reduces the acidity of the body.
Furthermore, it helps with ulcers and any other stomach problems.
It is also used when fighting against ulcerative colitis, constipation, diarrhea and other digestive problems.
It removes excess mucus from the body, rejuvenates the body, beautifies the skin, hair, and nails.
In addition, wheatgrass makes the immune system stronger and also makes the energy level higher. It is an excellent help in the process of healthy weight loss.
Wheat grass decreases the impact of radiation thanks to anti-inflammatory enzyme SOD (superoxide dismutase).
It helps against insomnia, promotes fertility and has anti-inflammatory properties.
Based on the newest research the effect of wheat grass against several types of cancer is confirmed.
Wheat grass treatment
There are many supplements on the basis of wheat grass. If you want you can also grow your own wheat grass and prepare a freshly squeezed juice.
During the wheat grass treatment throwing out junk foods, GMO products, sweets, greasy and heavy food is necessary.
According to a lot of people, it has a bad taste, but you can cover it up by mixing it with fresh juices.
Consume the juice 30 minutes before a meal or instead of a meal if you want to lose weight.
The therapy provides the body with chlorophyll, vitamins, and oxygen. It alkalizes the body and strengthens the bioelectric voltage, which is crucial for general health.
Start with 30 ml of juice a day. Later you can slowly increase to 30 ml twice a day.
At the beginning of detoxification you might feel worse, you will notice changes in your urine and stool.
Do not worry because this is a normal part of the process of removing noxious substances from the body. Luckily this stage lasts only a few days.
Drink more water and continue with the treatment.
How to grow your own wheat grass
Cultivating your own wheat grass is the cheapest way to get the juice.
Wheat grows very fast, and you need organic wheat seeds, peat, and soil for cultivation.
- Firstly soak wheat seeds for eight to twelve hours.
- Leave the seeds in a glass jar and during the next 24 hours clean them three times.
- Plant the seeds on top of the soil when germination starts. The ratio should be one part peat to three parts of soil.
- In order to keep it moist cover the pot during the first three days and water the planted wheat. During those days water the wheat each morning and in the evening just spray it with water.
- Unveil the jar on the fourth day and keep the seeds in indirect light.
- The ideal temperature for the growth of wheat and avoiding mold development is 21 to 26 degrees C. Plant new wheat grass if mold develops.
- When it reaches 8 inches in height, wheat grass can be harvested. Expose the wheat to the sun to ensure the synthesis of chlorophyll two days before the harvest.
- For the next batch use new soil and seeds.
- You can use the juicer to make wheat grass juice or you can grind it in a blender mixed with water.
Wheat grass smoothie
Mix the following ingredients in a blender:
- 30 ml of wheat grass juice
- A tablespoon of chopped mint
- a cup of pineapple
- a cup of orange juice
- half a cup of lemon juice
- a teaspoon of honey
- 2/3 cup of ice